Monday, July 15, 2013

My Vegan Monday

I've been crap at posting regularly, but I've been keeping up my Vegan Mondays rather well. In fact, a couple weeks ago, I had a Vegan Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday. It's gotten relatively easy as I now work near The Butcher's Daughter and other super veg-friendly, if not total vegetarian or vegan, spots. And while I still don't think I can ever forgo seafood or bird, I am trying to eat less of it. Trying to make a habit of always going for the greens and grains. 

Of course this pious eating is offset by many slabs of cheese and pints of ice cream. I haven't found any flavors that make my heart sing the way I did last summer, but I did recently try Ben & Jerry's Greek yogurt banana peanut butter flavor (4 out of 5) and limited-edition NYC cannolli flavor, made with my beloved mascarpone (only 3 out of 5).

Morning
Coffee with almond milk (I also switched from soy after my post a few weeks back)
Oatmeal with blueberries

Afternoon
Kale salad and roasted sweet potatoes and beets (as much as I love The Butcher's Daughter, I love The Smile To Go, and appreciate being able to get a lunch under $10. Prices in this city are just getting ridiculous)
Ginger candies (those gooey little things you sometimes get at a Chinese or Thia restaurant. Our current office is essentially in Chinatown so, for better or worse, nearby snacks are limited)
Banana

Evening
Farro salad with roasted zucchini, red peppers and sundried tomatoes
Veggie chips

Hope you're all having a super week and enjoying the height of summer!

2 comments:

  1. Place as beautiful as heaven. I have traveled to Paris for two weeks. Even I have written here.

    ReplyDelete