Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sailing away


I’ve treated myself to an early birthday present and I’m off to sunny, beachy climes—Grenada to be exact. You see, I turn 40 (f’ing 40!!) in less than two weeks. I’m not afraid to say I deserve a little seaside reflection. So that’s where I’ll be. Not blogging. Not working. Not shivering in New York. Not doing anything but reading, napping, eating, drinking, swimming, hiking and dipping into the plunge pool. And then when I come back, it will be time for cake.

13 comments:

  1. HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY my darling friend!! ENJOY!!! xoxo Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sweets, 40 is the new 30! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sweets, 40 is the new 30! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, chère amie!!! Enjoy your holiday -- you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the spirit! Happy birthday!:)

    I'm also treating myself to a special trip for my 40th birthday in December: I will be going to Paris:)

    Enjoy the sunshine and the down time: you've earned them!:)

    And I agree with Flora Fascinata that 40 is the new 30:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just another number. Enjoy your day.

    -- From someone who saw 40 a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday , mi amiga, you look like you are about 18 so don't let the big numbers scare you :)
    Have fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound as if you feel "guilty" about pampering yourself...don't, you deserve it! And, 40, ain't so bad, either, I know I've been there and some more....ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's EXACTLY what you should be doing! Enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to Paris for 40 th bday party! I love my 40's.the best age .EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a perfect gift for the self, fellow Scorpio! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merci, mes chers amis! I so appreciate your thoughts and well wishes. It looks like it might turn into quite the birthday extravaganza what with Hurricane Sandy canceling my flight! Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete