Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Number 9!

Back in the summer of 2008, I was astonished when the New York Times accepted my pitch for a Velib spree through Paris that targeted the city's best chocolatiers. Then the Tour du Chocolat went on to become a Top 10 travel story for the year.

This morning I found out it happened again: A Paris Farewell came in at Number 9 on the list of top travel articles for 2011. Hooray!

I couldn't be happier—not only for the insane honor, but because that piece was indeed a love letter to Paris. I loved researching and writing it, I loved sharing it and hearing all the wonderful responses, and I still love all the memories I carry with me as a result. Especially since I've been missing Paris like mad lately. (Paris, je t'aime. Encore et toujours.)

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Amy! Your new year is definitely off to a great start ... and more wonderful things are to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well deserved and happy to read your first NYT break - no surprise it involved chocolate =) hats off, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRAVO! and of course if you post a picture that lovely, how can you not miss Paris. I am very happy I going home in a few months but , God I love NYC .
    Also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It was a wonderful article. I can certainly understand how you can miss that city. I am counting the days until I head there in May. It will be my first time in the spring and I can't wait to see the city in bloom:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brava !!
    I will have a chocolate croissant this morning to "toast" your happy news :)
    besitos, C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo ma belle! You deserve to remain in the top 10, always.

    Paris too is missing you. Bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done and well deserved. Keep hitting top tens and maybe the NYT will be forced to afford you repeat trips back for repeat adventures.

    And let's not forget the triumphant Parisian book tour you'll have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful achievement - again. Well deserved. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! It's always nice when good, hard work pays off in a little recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo ma copine. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a beautiful writer! Thank you for writing articles that transport us to the City of Lights.

    Cheers,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful info particularly the last part :) I care for such info much. I was looking for this particular info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
    Scarpa Women's Kailash GTX Lady Hiking Boot

    ReplyDelete