Friday, August 6, 2010

Sensory Friday

This week…

I’ve gotten as much pleasure from eating fruit as I usually reserve for chocolate and pastries. I found this wonderful book in London, The Flavor Thesaurus, that recommends different pairings. From it, I made a cantaloupe and grape salad with mint for Erica’s brunch, trumped only by the raspberry and green grape snack salad I mixed all week. Yowzer.
I haven’t been able to get the sound of this adorable girl’s voice out of my head.
I looked up at the sky at the Cinéma en Plein Air and saw pink clouds and twittering stars. Magic.
There’s a pizzeria on the corner near work. When I walk by it during lunch, the smell of the crusts baking in the oven reminds of the pizza smells from growing up in Hartford, CT.
I had that oh-my-god-my-heart-is-going-to-explode! feeling while Velib'ing around the city in the mornings.

4 comments:

  1. Today I drank hot sweet cafe con leche , sitting outside in the cold at a cafe, looking at beautiful parks and buildings, while listening to the waitress talk love talk to the Pup.. who feels soft and wonderful since being "sheared".. and once again had to pinch myself because it is so great to live here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pizza baking
    cantaloupe and grapes
    Velib'ing around

    Haiku writer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pretty divine, Candice!

    Carol, perhaps a whole haiku blog?? Could be pretty fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still challenging, but that's why I like it....
    Fresh peaches from a roadside stand, warm in the sun--the smell made my mouth water. Cuddling tiny kittens on their first day at home....and watching their constant antics as they run, jump, fall, wrestle, hide--great!
    Hearing the ocean outside the window on vacation.
    Tasting rich creamy ice cream at the beach!
    Feeling great after running and yoga and even some meditation at the gym.

    ReplyDelete